Halloween is just around the corner, and it’s time to transform your outdoor space into a hauntingly spectacular sight. But don’t worry about breaking the bank; we’ve got you covered with 50+ Dollar Tree DIY Halloween outdoor decorations ideas that are both spooktacular and budget-friendly. Plus, we’ll suggest some Amazon products you can easily add to your cart for that extra eerie touch.
[This post may contain affiliate links. What does that mean to you? Well, if you click on a product and make a purchase, I may get some compensation from you at no charge. If you want to read the boring stuff my full disclosure can be found here.]
Dollar Tree DIY Halloween outdoor decorations ideas
1. Creepy Cemetery in Your Yard
- DIY Tombstones: Start with foam board tombstones from Dollar Tree. Paint them with gray and black acrylic paint for a weathered look. Add spooky epitaphs with a permanent marker.
- Product Suggestion: Enhance the eerie ambiance with the Solar-Powered Graveyard Lights that cast a ghastly glow.
2. Witch’s Cauldron
- DIY Cauldron: Grab a large plastic cauldron from Dollar Tree. Fill it with dry ice (available at some grocery stores) for a smoky effect.
- Product Suggestion: Add a touch of enchantment with a Witch’s Broomstick propped nearby.
3. Glowing Ghosts
- DIY Ghosts: Purchase white balloons and white fabric from Dollar Tree. Drape the fabric over the balloons, securing it with string or rubber bands. Draw ghostly faces with a black permanent marker.
- Product Suggestion: Illuminate your spectral friends with some LED String Lights for an eerie glow.
4. Haunted Walkway
- DIY Pathway: Create a spooky pathway with Dollar Tree garden stakes and foam pumpkins. Paint them black and attach eerie faces. Line your pathway with them.
- Amazon Product Suggestion: Light the way with some Flameless LED Candles tucked among the pumpkins for a flickering effect.
5. Sinister Spider Infestation
- DIY Spiders: Craft some oversized spiders using black foam balls and pipe cleaners from Dollar Tree. Attach them to your porch, windows, and walls.
- Product Suggestion: Enhance the arachnid invasion with a Giant Spider Web to drape over your entryway.
6. Bewitched Wreath
- DIY Wreath: Grab a foam wreath form and faux flowers from Dollar Tree. Spray paint them black and adorn with plastic spiders.
- Amazon Product Suggestion: Add a touch of glamour with a Witch Hat Door Hanger.
7. Sinister Silhouettes
- DIY Silhouettes: Dollar Tree offers inexpensive black poster board. Cut out eerie shapes like bats, witches, or cats and place them in your windows for a sinister silhouette effect.
- Amazon Product Suggestion: Illuminate your spooky cutouts with Outdoor LED Spotlights for a chilling nighttime display.
8. Petrifying Pumpkins
- DIY Pumpkin Lanterns: Purchase plastic or foam pumpkins from Dollar Tree. Carve or paint them with spooky faces, and then insert battery-operated tea lights.
- Amazon Product Suggestion: Ensure your pumpkin lanterns shine brightly with long-lasting Battery-Operated Tea Lights.
9. Haunted Hanging Decor
- DIY Hanging Ghosts: Use white trash bags from Dollar Tree to create ghostly apparitions. Stuff them with newspaper or tissue paper and add faces with a marker. Hang them from trees or porch overhangs.
- Amazon Product Suggestion: Illuminate your ethereal beings with Solar-Powered Hanging Lights for an otherworldly glow.
10. Macabre Mason Jars –
- DIY Mason Jar Lanterns: Grab some mason jars from Dollar Tree. Paint them with spooky designs and place battery-operated candles inside for a hauntingly beautiful display.
- Amazon Product Suggestion: Enhance the enchantment with Colored Flameless Votive Candles for an eerie, colored glow.
11. Graveyard Garden –
- DIY Mini Graveyard: Create a miniature graveyard scene using Dollar Tree miniatures like skeletons, fences, and tombstones. Arrange them in your garden or along your walkway.
- Amazon Product Suggestion: Add a spooky soundtrack to your mini graveyard with a Halloween Sound Effects CD.
12. Wicked Window Decor –
- DIY Window Silhouettes: Utilize Dollar Tree window clings or black paper cutouts to create spooky scenes on your windows. They’re easy to remove and reuse.
- Amazon Product Suggestion: Add a touch of mystery with Gothic Window Curtains to complete the look.
13. Ghastly Ground Fog –
- DIY Ground Fog: Create a chilling ground fog effect using a cheap portable humidifier from a discount store. Add a mixture of water and dry ice, and watch as the fog rolls across your lawn.
- Amazon Product Suggestion: Safely handle dry ice with Dry Ice Tongs.
14. Petrifying Porch Decor
- DIY Porch Columns: Wrap your porch columns in cheap white sheets from Dollar Tree to resemble mummies. Add googly eyes to complete the effect.
15. Cursed Cauldron Garden
- DIY Cauldron Garden: Use Dollar Tree cauldrons as planters and fill them with black flowers or spooky plants like Venus flytraps or blood-red roses.
- Amazon Product Suggestion: Enhance the ambiance with Glow-in-the-Dark Pebbles scattered around your cauldron garden.
16. Wicked Welcome Mat
- DIY Welcome Mat: Create a custom welcome mat with a plain one from Dollar Tree and black acrylic paint. Paint a spooky message or a spiderweb pattern.
- Amazon Product Suggestion: Add a finishing touch with a Broomstick-Shaped Door Mat layered on top.
17. Enchanted Entryway
- DIY Enchanted Doorway: Transform your entryway with black trash bags as makeshift curtains, creating an eerie passage into your home.
- Amazon Product Suggestion: Welcome your guests with a Halloween Doorway Curtain featuring creepy details.
18. Startling Lawn Signs
- DIY Yard Signs: Purchase foam board from Dollar Tree and cut out spooky shapes like black cats, ghosts, or witches. Attach them to wooden stakes and place them around your yard.
- Amazon Product Suggestion: Illuminate your yard signs with Battery-Powered Outdoor Spotlights.
19. Bewitched Banners
- DIY Halloween Banners: Craft custom banners with black felt and white paint. Hang them across your porch, fence, or trees for an eerie welcome.
- Amazon Product Suggestion: Add a touch of elegance with a Halloween Banner Set.
20. Ghostly Graveyard Fog
- DIY Fog-filled Graveyard: Place a fog machine inside your DIY graveyard for an extra eerie effect. The fog will roll over your tombstones and create a spooky ambiance.
- Amazon Product Suggestion: Ensure a steady supply of fog with a Halloween Fog Machine.
21. Eerie Entry Archway
- DIY Entry Arch: Construct a spooky entry arch using PVC pipes or pool noodles from Dollar Tree. Drape with creepy cloth and add skeletal hands reaching out.
- Amazon Product Suggestion: Enhance the eerie atmosphere with Glow-in-the-Dark Skeletons hanging from the arch.
22. Petrifying Porch Steps
- DIY Haunted Stairs: Wrap your porch steps in black trash bags, creating the illusion of a steep, eerie staircase leading to your front door.
- Amazon Product Suggestion: Illuminate your sinister staircase with Staircase LED Lights for a dramatic effect.
23. Cursed Candlelit Path
- DIY Candlelit Pathway: Line your walkway with Dollar Tree candles, either real or battery-operated. Place them in glass jars or lanterns to create a bewitching trail.
- Amazon Product Suggestion: Add a mystical touch with Witch Hat Solar Garden Lights illuminating your path.
24. Spellbinding Spellbooks
- DIY Spellbooks: Purchase hardcover books from Dollar Tree and paint them to look like ancient spellbooks. Stack them on your porch or garden.
- Amazon Product Suggestion: Illuminate your spellbinding display with Vintage Book-Style LED Lights.
25. Ghoulish Garage Door
- DIY Garage Door Monster: Create a monstrous creature with black trash bags and cardboard, attaching it to your garage door. Add oversized googly eyes for a comically spooky effect.
- Amazon Product Suggestion: Elevate the fun with a Giant Inflatable Monster Eye peering out from your garage.
26. Haunted Hedge
- DIY Haunted Hedge: If you have bushes or hedges in your yard, decorate them with Dollar Tree spiderwebs, spiders, and hanging bats for a truly eerie look.
- Amazon Product Suggestion: Add some chilling sounds with a Halloween Sound Box hidden among the greenery.
27. Macabre Mailbox
- DIY Spooky Mailbox: Transform your mailbox with a simple coat of black paint and eerie decals. Don’t forget to add some cobwebs for that extra spooky touch.
- Amazon Product Suggestion: Light up your mailbox area with Solar-Powered Mailbox Lights.
28. Mysterious Foggy Mirror
- DIY Foggy Mirror: Find an old mirror at a thrift store or garage sale and distress it with black paint or by lightly sanding it. Place it in your yard or on your porch, and create an eerie atmosphere by using a fog machine or dry ice nearby.
29. Spectral Silhouettes
- DIY Spectral Silhouettes: Create spooky silhouettes of witches, ghosts, or monsters by cutting them out of cardboard and painting them black. Attach them to wooden stakes or hang them from trees for an eerie effect.
- Amazon Product Suggestion: Illuminate your spectral figures with Outdoor Solar Spotlights.
30. Petrifying Pumpkins Path
- DIY Pumpkin Pathway: Line your walkway with Dollar Tree plastic pumpkins, each one featuring a unique, creepy face. Use battery-operated tea lights inside for a spooky glow.
- Amazon Product Suggestion: Ensure your pumpkins shine brightly with Long-Lasting LED Tea Lights.
31. Cursed Crawling Creatures
- DIY Crawling Critters: Get plastic bugs, spiders, or snakes from Dollar Tree and place them strategically around your yard, creating the illusion of a creeping infestation.
- Amazon Product Suggestion: Add motion to your crawling creatures with Battery-Operated Animatronic Spider.
32. Hauntingly Hands
- DIY Haunted Hands: Create creepy, reaching hands by stuffing black gloves with newspaper or foam. Attach them to your porch railing or the sides of your house.
- Amazon Product Suggestion: Add a chilling touch with Glow-in-the-Dark Skeleton Hands.
33. Witchy Garden
- DIY Witch’s Garden: Use Dollar Tree cauldrons or pots to create a witch’s garden display. Plant eerie-looking plants like black flowers, ferns, or even carnivorous plants.
- Amazon Product Suggestion: Complete the witchy ambiance with a Cauldron-Inspired Planter.
34. Phantom Flare-Up
- DIY Fire Pit Flames: If you have a fire pit, place a hidden electric fan under it to simulate flickering flames. Add logs and surround it with Dollar Tree skeletons for a ghostly gathering.
- Amazon Product Suggestion: Enhance the illusion with a Fire Flame Light Bulb that mimics dancing flames.
35. Creepy Carriage Ride
- DIY Spooky Carriage: Construct a Halloween-themed carriage or hearse using old pallets or cardboard boxes from Dollar Tree. Paint it black and adorn it with cobwebs and plastic skeletons.
- Amazon Product Suggestion: Add an eerie touch with a Halloween Carriage Decoration.
36. Petrifying Pet Cemetery
- DIY Pet Cemetery: Craft tombstones for your furry friends using Dollar Tree foam board and paint. Create a small graveyard in your yard as a tribute.
- Amazon Product Suggestion: Illuminate your pet cemetery with Pet-Themed Solar Garden Lights.
37. Witch’s Broom Parking
- DIY Broom Parking: Hang a “Witch’s Broom Parking Only” sign on your porch or in your yard. Use Dollar Tree brooms or paint wooden ones black for added effect.
- Amazon Product Suggestion: Complete the look with a Witch Parking Sign.
38. Bewitched Bicycle Brigade
- DIY Witches’ Bikes: Decorate old bicycles or tricycles from a garage sale with brooms, witches’ hats, and cobwebs. Park them strategically in your yard or on your porch.
39. Ghostly Garden Gazebo
- DIY Garden Gazebo: If you have a garden or a gazebo, adorn it with Dollar Tree ghostly curtains made from sheer white fabric. Add hanging ghost decorations and cobwebs for an ethereal look.
- Amazon Product Suggestion: Illuminate your garden gazebo with Solar-Powered String Lights for a mystical ambiance.
40. Witch’s Potion Station
- DIY Potion Station: Set up a witch’s potion station on your porch or patio with Dollar Tree cauldrons filled with colored water. Add dry ice for a bubbling effect.
- Amazon Product Suggestion: Complete the witchy display with a Witch’s Brew Sign.
41. Zombie Attack Scene
- DIY Zombie Invasion: Craft zombie silhouettes using cardboard and paint them to look like the undead. Place them in your yard as if they are emerging from the ground.
- Amazon Product Suggestion: Add eerie sound effects with a Zombie Groans Sound Machine.
42. Sinister Swing Set
- DIY Haunted Swing: If you have a swing set, decorate it with ghostly sheets and chains from Dollar Tree. Hang a motion-activated skeleton that swings ominously.
- Amazon Product Suggestion: Illuminate your haunted swing with Swinging Ghost LED Lights.
43. Moonlit Madness
- DIY Moonlit Scene: Create a moonlit effect on your porch or in your yard by using a blacklight and fluorescent paint to decorate your props and surroundings.
- Amazon Product Suggestion: Enhance the glow with a powerful Outdoor Blacklight.
44. Spectral Solar Lights
- DIY Solar Light Spirits: Attach Dollar Tree ghostly decorations to solar garden lights. Place them along your pathway or in your garden for a spooky nighttime surprise.
- Amazon Product Suggestion: Add more haunting light with Ghost String Lights.
45. Spider-Infested Porch
- DIY Spider’s Lair: Cover your porch in cobwebs and place Dollar Tree spiders of various sizes all around. Make it look like a spider’s lair!
- Amazon Product Suggestion: Add creepy sounds with a Giant Animated Spider with Sound.
46. Creepy Curtained Entryway
- DIY Haunted Entryway Curtains: Hang torn, tattered curtains or tablecloths from Dollar Tree at your entryway. Add eerie hands or arms reaching out to greet visitors.
- Amazon Product Suggestion: Create a dramatic entrance with a Haunted Doorway Curtain.
47. Petrifying Porch Furniture
- DIY Spooky Porch Furniture: Cover your outdoor furniture with black or white fabric from Dollar Tree and add spiderweb patterns with fabric paint. Place plastic skeletons lounging around.
- Amazon Product Suggestion: Elevate the spookiness with Skeleton Porch Swings.
48. Haunted Birdhouse Village
- DIY Haunted Birdhouses: Transform Dollar Tree birdhouses into haunted houses with black paint, cobwebs, and tiny Halloween-themed decorations. Display them in your garden or on your porch.
- Amazon Product Suggestion: Attract ghostly guests with a Haunted Bird Feeder.
49. Spectral Stilt Walkers
- DIY Stilt Walkers: Craft ghostly stilt walkers with white sheets, PVC pipes, and duct tape from Dollar Tree. Have them roam your front yard to spook passersby.
- Amazon Product Suggestion: Add eerie music with a Wireless Outdoor Bluetooth Speaker.
50. Cryptic Cauldron Fountain
- DIY Cauldron Fountain: Turn a large cauldron from Dollar Tree into a bubbling fountain with a submersible water pump. Add dry ice for a smoky effect.
- Amazon Product Suggestion: Enhance the ambiance with a Halloween Fountain Light.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
1. What materials do I need to create a DIY Halloween outdoor decoration using Dollar Tree items?
You can create spooky outdoor decorations using materials like Dollar Tree cauldrons, plastic spiders, white balloons, fabric, foam wreath forms, faux flowers, and more.
2. How can I add a smoky effect to my Halloween decorations?
You can achieve a smoky effect by using dry ice, which can be added to items like cauldrons or fountains for an eerie ambiance.
3. Can I make Halloween decorations without spending a lot of money?
Absolutely! Dollar Tree offers affordable materials for creating budget-friendly DIY Halloween outdoor decorations.
4. Can I reuse the DIY Halloween decorations for future years?
Yes, many DIY decorations can be disassembled and stored for reuse in future Halloween seasons, helping you save money in the long run.
5. Where can I find more inspiration and instructions for DIY Halloween decorations?
You can find a plethora of inspiration and step-by-step instructions on DIY Halloween decorations on crafting websites, YouTube, and social media platforms like Pinterest.
6. How do you make an outdoor Halloween tree?
To create an outdoor Halloween tree, start with a bare tree or large branches. Hang Halloween decorations like spiderwebs, bats, ghosts, and orange and purple lights from the branches. Use black fabric or gauze to drape over the tree for an eerie effect. Consider adding DIY ornaments like painted pumpkins or skulls.
7. How to make cheap Halloween decorations?
You can make cheap Halloween decorations by using materials from the Dollar Tree or repurposing items you already have. Craft DIY decorations like paper bats, ghost garlands, or mason jar lanterns. Look for affordable materials like cardboard, paper, and fabric to create budget-friendly decor.
8. How to decorate a pumpkin from Dollar Tree?
Decorate a pumpkin from Dollar Tree by painting it with acrylic paints, adding glitter, or using adhesive gems and stickers. You can also wrap the pumpkin with decorative ribbon or create a decoupage design using printed Halloween-themed images.
9. How to make a Halloween wreath from Dollar Tree?
To make a Halloween wreath from Dollar Tree items, purchase a foam wreath form and Halloween-themed decorations like plastic spiders, faux flowers, and ribbon. Attach the decorations to the wreath form using hot glue or floral wire. Finish by adding a ribbon bow and hanging it on your front door.
10. How do you make outdoor ghosts for trees?
Create outdoor ghosts for trees by using white fabric or trash bags to craft ghostly shapes. Stuff them with newspaper or tissue paper to give them volume. Add faces with black permanent markers and hang them from tree branches using fishing line or string for an eerie effect.
These additional Dollar Tree DIY Halloween outdoor decoration ideas, along with the right Amazon products, will make your Halloween decor unforgettable. Whether it’s spooky, whimsical, or a combination of both, your creativity knows no bounds. Enjoy bringing your Halloween vision to life!